The Cairndale Hotel is one of the largest family owned hotels in Dumfries and Galloway.
Owned and operated by The Wallace family for 40 years, we very much look forward to welcoming you to our truly independent and family run hotel.
Our hotel has 91 unique bedrooms and suites and we welcome a diverse variety of guests ranging from solo travellers, golfers, families and outdoor adventurers! The hotel is the perfect base for exploring all of what Dumfries and Galloway has to offer.
We are very fortunate to have fantastic leisure facilities as part of our hotel. The Barracuda Club boasts a 14 Meter Heated Swimming Pool, Sauna, Steam Room & Jacuzzi as well as a fully equipped gym. As well as being loved by our guests, the club operates as a private membership club.
The hotel is popular for large events including weddings, birthday celebrations and conferences. The hotel also boasts banqueting facilities including grand ballroom for up to 350 guests.
The hotel is centrally located right in the heart of Dumfries, 5 minutes from the train station and a stopping point on a number of bus routes.
We look forward to receiving your application soon!
Why Work at The Cairndale, What’s in it for you?
- We offer the most competitive rates of pay.
- Automatic Enrolment into Workplace Pension Scheme
- Heavily Discounted Leisure Club Membership
- Employee of the Month Recognition Program
- Access to 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Discounted Room Nights for You, Your Friends & Family
- Discounted Food & Beverage Experiences for You, Your Friends & Family
- Employee Events
- Uniform Provided
- 28 Days of Paid Holiday
- Cross-Department Training and Development
About The Role
We are looking for a professional Night Porter to join our experienced and successful Front Office Team. An extremely important role, the Night Porter will be responsible for the hotel and our guests during overnight hours. Safety and Security will be your top priority.
The Night Porter will be responsible for;
- The Hotel and its residents during the shift
- Maintaining our high standards at all times
- Night bar service
- Ensuring safety and security procedures are followed including emergency evacuations
- Answering any guest queries or questions
- Security of the property and the guests
- Answering the telephone and taking messages for the Daytime Team
- Checking guests in and out of the hotel
- Assisting in the maintaining hotel cleanliness standards
- Reporting Maintenance faults
- Room Set-ups and preparing the hotel for the next day’s business
- With our new system, there is no requirement for our Night Porter to run time consuming night audits
The Ideal Night Porter…
You will have...
- (Ideally) Previous experience in a similar operation, but full training will be provided.
- Excellent customer service techniques
- Great attention to detail, to pass on relevant information accurately
- Ability to work independently
- To have a great personality and be genuine, approachable and attentive.
- Excellent spoken English.
- Computer skills are beneficial for light computer work
"*" indicates required fields