The Cairndale Hotel is one of the largest family owned hotels in Dumfries and Galloway.
Owned and operated by The Wallace family for 40 years, we very much look forward to welcoming you to our truly independent and family run hotel.
Our hotel has 91 unique bedrooms and suites and we welcome a diverse variety of guests ranging from solo travellers, golfers, families and outdoor adventurers! The hotel is the perfect base for exploring all of what Dumfries and Galloway has to offer.
We are very fortunate to have fantastic leisure facilities as part of our hotel. The Barracuda Club boasts a 14 Meter Heated Swimming Pool, Sauna, Steam Room & Jacuzzi as well as a fully equipped gym. As well as being loved by our guests, the club operates as a private membership club.
The hotel is popular for large events including weddings, birthday celebrations and conferences. The hotel also boasts banqueting facilities including grand ballroom for up to 350 guests.
The hotel is centrally located right in the heart of Dumfries, 5 minutes from the train station and a stopping point on a number of bus routes.
We look forward to receiving your application soon!
Why Work at The Cairndale, What’s in it for you?
- We offer the most competitive rates of pay.
- Automatic Enrolment into Workplace Pension Scheme
- Heavily Discounted Leisure Club Membership
- Employee of the Month Recognition Program
- Access to 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Discounted Room Nights for You, Your Friends & Family
- Discounted Food & Beverage Experiences for You, Your Friends & Family
- Employee Events
- Uniform Provided
- 28 Days of Paid Holiday
- Cross-Department Training and Development
About The Role
We have an exciting and rare opportunity for a Front Desk Agent to join our highly successful team here at The Cairndale Hotel. To be successful in this role you will need to be a confident and an engaging communicator ensuring inspirational service is delivered to our guests. Working as part of our Front Office Team, you will be expected to demonstrate excellent attention to detail, organisational and interpersonal skills.
Our Successful Front Desk Agent will;
- Be responsible for providing a seamless guest experience, providing considered and personal service.
- Handle reservation calls and amend where necessary guest reservations.
- Welcome and greet our guests, checking them in and informing them of the hotel facilities.
- Be knowledgeable of the hotel services and facilities and where appropriate, upsell and upgrades.
- Working together with the management team, review and improve the guest experience in response to guest feedback.
- You will ensure a high level of engagement with guests throughout their stay making them feel at home and help create a warm, welcoming experience
- Ensure the Front of House team are aware of business in the hotel through use of the arrivals lists, function sheets and other reports. You will assist in communicating the relevant daily details to the necessary hotel departments.
- Ensure all VIPs are flagged accordingly with the correct VIP status, update and maintain their profiles on Guestline.
- Ensure special occasions are noted accurately and recognised.
- Ensure the VIP arrivals list is up to date and prepared one week in advance and that any relevant information is communicated to the necessary departments.
- Ensure guest information is captured in the correct way and entered onto the hotel property management system, Guestline.
- Handle and oversee complaints with empathy and sensitivity, ensuring appropriate action is taken to resolve these and to ensure guest satisfaction is maintained.
- Overall, work as part of a large family team to create the best guest experience while also enjoying your time at work in a supportive and friendly environment!
The Ideal Candidate
Our successful Front Desk Agent will;
- Be passionate about customer service
- Be able to work in a fast paced, busy environment
- Possess strong communication skills
- Be confident and be able to use initiative
- Computer literacy is an advantage
- Possess a clear, friendly and professional telephone manner
"*" indicates required fields