Job title: Chef de Partie
Company: The Cairndale Hotel & Leisure Club
Job Type: Full-time
Why Join the Cairndale Hotel and Leisure Club?
The Cairndale Hotel is one of the largest family owned hotels in Dumfries and Galloway.
Owned and operated by The Wallace family for 40 years, we very much look forward to welcoming you to our truly independent and family run hotel.
Our hotel has 91 unique bedrooms and suites and we welcome a diverse variety of guests ranging from solo travellers, golfers, families and outdoor adventurers! The hotel is the perfect base for exploring all of what Dumfries and Galloway has to offer.
We are very fortunate to have fantastic leisure facilities as part of our hotel. The Barracuda Club boasts a 14 Meter Heated Swimming Pool, Sauna, Steam Room & Jacuzzi as well as a fully equipped gym. As well as being loved by our guests, the club operates as a private membership club.
The hotel is popular for large events including weddings, birthday celebrations and conferences. The hotel also boasts banqueting facilities including grand ballroom for up to 350 guests.
The hotel is centrally located right in the heart of Dumfries, 5 minutes from the train station and a stopping point on a number of bus routes.
We look forward to receiving your application soon!
We are currently looking for a Chef De Partie to join our team at The Cairndale Hotel and Leisure Club.
Chef de Partie Role:
- Reporting to Head Chef and assist in smooth running of events and service.
- Running a section in the kitchen and making sure due diligence procedures are strictly adhered to.
- Cook and present food to a required standard and within allocated timescales.
- Stock control, stock rotation and ensuring all stock is stored in the correct manner.
- Assist the sous chefs and head chef in making sure all sections in the kitchen are clean, prepped and ready for service.
- Adhere to all Health, Safety and Hygiene regulations and standards.
- Working shifts are 5 days out of 7 days.
Required Skills include:
- Level 2/3 Food Safety Certification, COSSH, and IOSSH and Level 2 Health & Safety would be advantageous.
- Previous job experience in a similar role.
- A great eye for detail and a good all-round knowledge of a commercial kitchen.
- Ability to work on your own initiative in a fast-paced environment and as part of a team.
"*" indicates required fields